Saturday 11 August 2012

Edited to Say

Everyone on Ravelry is knitting this pretty scarf.  And it made me realize something about my Wingspan scarf.  

Though the yarn is stunning in the skein and I love everything about it, knit up, it is pretty wishy washy. The turquoise is giving it a little kick right now, but then it goes very very soft for a long while.  

 Goofing around this morning, I realized that the thing I like about Steven Wests Spectra is the strong clean lines between the changing colours and the plain yarn.  

I played around in paintbox to see what I liked better.

The dark contrast frames the colours and lets each soft change stand out.  I think I have to go back and redo what I started the other day, and add some strong contrasting lines on the divisions between the colour sections.  

Shouldn't be too hard and I think I know just the yarn to do it.  From my stash too.  


No comments: