Friday 24 April 2015

A truly perfect day

I really did have the perfect day.  We drove we shopped, we ate lunch at a fabulous bistro.  Roasted carrot soup.  Just delicious and I must find a recipe so I can taste it again and again.

One of the things I came home with will do very nicely to be an accent to a long desired project.




I've had these 4 fawn skeins of yarn for a while.  I think I started with 3 skeins and then purchased a 4th, and then changed my mind about what I wanted them to be.  

I have also thought about knitting a Wool Peddlers Shawl.    I have some red yarn, the remainder of the yarn from the red sweater I knit earlier this year that is earmarked for the lace edged version straight out of Cheryl Oberle's wonderful book.  That plan for a massive warm wonderful red shawl has been in the works for years and remains and active and fond desire.

I debated simply changing my plan to the fawn yarn, but the vision of it in red just stood in the way. 

The Wool Peddlers shawl is a good basic shape and a few people out there have made a magical and very modern version with a simple, very lightly ruffled edging. I first noticed the variation on the Mason Dixon blog in 2009, when Kay Gardiner knit several stunning versions.  I think that is what this is going to be.  Fawn main body with a warm heathered edging to wrap it up.  

I think this is going to be cast on today.  There are so many other choices, but this might be the one that deserves my today.    

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I love it. And I love the rustic, neutrally coloured yarn too. Have fun.