Monday 27 April 2015

Busy Weekends are

kinda crappy.  I am not working.  Why is the weekend so busy?
Actually, I was trying to sort out everything for my taxes.  and in between that I was avoiding doing my taxes.  I have a remarkable capacity for putting off and avoiding things I do not like!

Which meant there was a fair bit of knitting.

I am well into the second ball of the Alpaca Wool blend Mule Spinner
You can see the third ball sitting there too and I am pretty sure that I am going to want to knit up the 4th as well.  Plus the edging.  Isn't it cool how this yarn, with its very low processing, sits so perfectly?  It makes for tidy knitting and smooth hands as I work.  The yarn is not stripped of every bit of lanolin which is part of what makes it so good. 

And then there is this.
 
Once I had finished the springtime socks, I was left with the realisation that I did not feel like working with new yarn.  I was also full of the recent realisation that I had many more bits and ends than I thought.  My hands wanted to knit something just as much fun as the springtime socks and I wanted to clear out some more leftover yarn.  I ended up staying up way too late last night playing with these.  Two row stripes are a lot of fun.

And those springtime socks? My sister sent pictures!





Just a sweet treat for your eyes and here is hoping she enjoys them as much as I enjoyed knitting them.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my goodness those springtime socks are fantastic! How did you ever part with them!

Brendaknits said...

Spring time for sure. I love them!!!