Wednesday 30 September 2015

And so on

When last I left the sewing corner and the organizing binge, I was in want of organizing the bits and pieces of sewing life so the desk had room for cutting and trimming of dolly sized things.  Pintrest lived up to it's hype and worked for me.  

It showed me to all the ways to use a back of the door shoe storage organizer.  Its pretty much ideal for my sewing corner.  I was going to sew it with fabric I already have but a trip to the dollar store showed that sometimes, purchasing is the smart route.  $3 and well worth it. 

 It's hung on the back of the wool room door.  When it isn't in use, the busy look of it is gone inside the wool room, but when I need it, I open the door and everything is in reach from my chair.  My shelf and desk are no longer cluttered with boxes plus I found out a few revealing things about my accumulated sewing stuff.
 I could used another spool or two of black thread and
I never ever have to buy elastic of any kind again.  I think I have an entire stores stash of elastic!

All that tidying of the sewing corner did lead to more than curtain sewing.  This sewing is kind of where I was heading when I started this!

  My sweet Cassie's 3rd birthday is tomorrow and she is of the age where her play is changing from a toddler's play to imagination play.  Dolly diapers and blankets and some dolly clothes are in order.  I am making them to fit all her dolls, so I haven't finished the details on the blouses and pants and dresses, but I am very pleased with these.  I have a dolly sweater to knit, some pants to sew, a skirt and a blouse to finish. Thankfully Saturday is her party so I have time!

I had to go out and find some velcro without the sticky back (the sticky back stuff I had is un-sew-able.  I found out the hard way.) and while I was out, came across these.
The yarn store had them a month ago but I did not make it in till one lone kit remained.  The fabric store had some so Christmas shopping has officially begun. One sunny lion, two little monkeys and one soccer ball for the big guy.

Another thing to note is that the Fabricland closest to me is also carrying leather and canvas purse handles and bag bottoms.  They are not cheap, but they are there.  It is so nice to have a local source.  

There is a busy day ahead, and a lot of little sewing piled and waiting. I will get that done, but what I am really looking forward to is the dolly knitting.  I am also looking forward to a nice long day of just knitting my regular stuff even if that day is way on the far side of Sunday.  


No comments: