Monday 8 February 2016

Just to knit.

I did not do nearly as much knitting as I wanted to do this weekend and yet, I played with wool all weekend.  Sort of.  I am digging in my closets right now, doing a semi monthly cleaning which means all the boxes come out of the closet.  No digging in the boxes, just moving and dusting and vacuuming, but it still is a big job.

Because of tiredness, I opted for simple knitting.  Simple knitting is going to mean socks or at the very least easy stockinette.  I opted for stockinette.

It doesn't look like much right now, but this is the proto Agnes sweater, from Brooklyn Tweed.

Its really just a simple t shirt styled garment so knitting is simple.  Just some basic shaping and a lot of stockinette.  I am just about to start the black section for the back and once the back is to the base of the sleeves, I will be knitting the front to the base of the sleeves before continuing on the long swath of body.  

It's not as interesting as knitting the wrap. This isn't a super stimulating pattern, but sometimes you need stimulating and all encompassing and sometimes you just need to knit.

I guess that is what I needed.  Just to knit.

No comments: