Friday 24 June 2016

When was Thursday?

My calendar says this is Friday, but what I would like to know is what happened to Thursday.  I am pretty sure when I went to bed, that it was Wednesday.  I am so lost in my days.

But it seems it is Friday. 

I may have sorted out the problem on the lace on my Waiting for Rain shawl.  The charts don't quite reflect what needs to happen.  The charts show one stitch less at each end of every row.  What needs to happen is that you work 2 stitches less at the end of each wrong side row. 

It refers to this in notes above the chart.  My complaint is that a chart should show what happens in each row, accurately, rather than being charted to maintain a certain angle of display.  

I will knit this blessed shawl.  It is such a lovely thing, but the pattern is going to get a poorer rating from me because of the way it is organized on paper, and for a chart that is only 'mostly related' to what you are supposed to do.

I'm not grumpy about it today.  I can work forward now, so I am good.  But I sure was grumpy about it yesterday.

No comments: