Wednesday 27 July 2016

Gooooood Morning

Good morning from the road.  ish.

I am over at my other grandkids this morning helping out.  Mommy here has been not feeling well, so grandma is here keeping the kids busy.

Carter would like to wish you all a good morning.  He is up really early this morning.

So, needless to say my morning knitting involves very little yarn manipulation and a whole lot of this little piggy.. 

I am working on socks this week.  I have a problem on the center panel of the Onerva.  It looks ok, but the motif at one end is not the motif at the other end.,  I know what I did and can fix the error easily, but I just don't have the time today. 

So socks it is.  To keep my brain engaged, I did bring along several other balls of cheery, bright sock yarn to start some more Geek Socks.  I have spent the last year searching for commercial yarns that would stripe right and let me tell you, it isn't always easy.

Most commercial sock yarns are dyed with a pattern in mind. They faux fair isle beautifully, but that is not what the Geek socks need.  Geek socks need a clean colour change and at least 3 rows of a colour before the change.

And that seems to be the province of hand dyes.  I'm not sure enough of most of those for colour stability or the extreme wash and dryability that I desire in a yarn for something like socks.  

So, the search is ever on.  I just really enjoyed that pattern, and mean to make more of them just for me.  Because I can.  IF I can find the right yarns.

No comments: