Friday 24 February 2017

Storage Wars? Not Quite.

I have played around with storing my wool and my wool things so much these last few months.  From that lovely wool room whose only flaw was that I wish it had been larger, to the very very tight fit and overflow at my house to this lovely home with two closets.  In each case, I had to come up with a slight adjustment to the way I store my wool things.

The large containers are still the mainstay of my storage, but only for yarn.  It still is a pretty awesome pile of yarn, which I am really glad I assembled.  It would be tough to knit much if I could only on what I could afford now. 



Looks like every other closet out there stuffed with yarn.

My sweaters are all kept in what was once my pantry.

It's one of the nicest, most difficult to construct Ikea pieces ever. (They really skimped on tools with this one.  I hope it is better now) It's nice and deep and has 3 good shelves to hold stuff.  A truly lovely sweater chest.

And then scarves and shawls.  They are such a difficult thing to store.  The sweater cabinet is full, and I don't really have anywhere for the hanging shelves that I had at my wee house and at my big house.  I did have room under my bed, so that is where they are going.

There is a small underbed chest with a few seldom worn clothes and this much larger one which holds all of the shawls and scarves that I kept.  I did go through things before I moved last time to weed out the ones I never wore.  Others could use them more than I.

This is actually what I am doing this morning.  Nothing ever fits into one place when you move.  There is always a box or two of things that straggle along and become a mish mash of weird stuff lumped together.  I found a bag of scarves and shawls with some bars of soap, a half bottle of shampoo and my scale yesterday.  It had been tucked behind my quilt frame!  Putting them away properly was a nice quick bit of work.

As much as there was a quick morning task before I head out for the day, I did come across something that is going to get knit again sometime.


The Oscilloscope shawl by Kate Gagnon Osborne.  I love the little details of this shawl.  I adore the yarn I knit is with, Manos Silk Blend.  It's a lovely puffy blend that just calls you to snuggle into it.  The only problem is, it is a little small.  I had only 3 skeins, and I used every bit.  I would dearly love a much larger version to swirl around me.  

Storage battles appear to be done for now.  Now is time for coffee and nice hot bowl of bracing oatmeal porridge and a few minutes to knit before I am off.

No comments: