Monday 27 March 2017

One Step. Step One.

I put my house up for sale last week.  I am a little bit stressed but it is time to have it done.  Things will go how they go and that is that. It made this weekend a hard one to sit through.  I had trouble focusing on anything.

Most of the weekend was taken up by the big yarn project.  Every ball of yarn in my stash has now been photographed for posterity.  It will be a while till I get them all loaded to Ravelry but it will come.  

It was a lot of fun in the end.  I got to take out and play with things in ways I haven't since I purchased them.  I piled them and stroked them.  All in all, a lot of fun!

I thought about yarns.  How some yarns you never forget, 

and some remain faintly remembered surprises hidden at the bottom of the box. 

 I remember the things that drove me to buy them.  Some because I needed a sweater or socks. 

Some are from the deep fervour for a good sale, 

some because of goofing around with friends at the store.  

Some were the implosion of colour that working at the store was.  Some because of the way they felt. Some because of the way I felt.  Some because if you are buying from 

Iceland you darn well fill up the shipping box and love the result when you do. 

Yarn is memories and mementos and in a funny way a history of me, a part of the story of my life.

I don't regret any of it.  Not one single speck of it.  I don't think I wish for more, but I sure do appreciate what I have.  I have some stunning stuff and very very little that I don't love deeply.  The last stuff I did not completely love, a box of sock yarns I did not think I could use, went off to some friends a couple years ago.

And when the playing was done, I was calm enough to watch a little TV and sit and knit. I finished a sleeve.


It is a short short sleeve, almost a cap sleeve, but really, that is what this top will get.  The yarn is running low.  The gray that is, and I do need some for the collar. The sleeve looks a little pouffy right now.  That will ease out in blocking and wearing.     

One step at a time.  One step in knitting, one step in the yarn project, one step in real estate.  I just have to keep my mind focused on one step.

No comments: