Friday 24 March 2017

Purse Knitting

When I was still working at a regular job, I carried up to 3 projects with me at all times, and very often my only purse was a knitting bag more than a purse. These days, my purse is often more of a junk bag than a knitting bag or a purse.  I really need to clean it more.

I always carry a project with me, though I very seldom get time to work on it. It generally only gets knit on when I am with my kiddies.  I don't wait in lines.  I have the luxury of picking slow times to do my shopping.  Then again I don't do very much shopping.  I have almost everything I need.  My doctor gets me in to her office incredibly efficiently.  I have only waited once but it doesn't count.  I went extra early so I would have time to knit.  Most of my purse knitting time is when I am with my kiddies and there is just too much to do with them, to get a lot of time to knit.

But still, there is progress.



A pair of socks for Marcus and I ought to be able to get another pair for Cassie out of this too.  I think there will be some left to make Carter a pair, but we shall see.  It is entirely possible that he will get his own colour of yarn with his big brother, Isaac.

The yarn is Meilenweit Cotton Fun, a 45 % cotton, 42 % wool, and the rest nylon blend that is one of my favourite blends of yarn for socks.  It is perfect for summer camping and playing outdoors on cool spring days.

Sadly, I knit a smidgen too much yesterday without checking if it was time to go to ribbing.  A couple rows will have to come out today.  Which is going to be a lot of fun, if Marcus 'helps' and decides to run with it. 

The other socks that have not been purse knitting so far, but that might become such, today, are these interesting things.


For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the company this blank is from, but it is very cool.  I just love how random it turns out knit up after starting from this.







This sock is a rather simple pattern, the Lichen Ribbed Socks,  from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.  These are the pattern with a twist because that is how I roll.  Toe up but with a basic rounded toe, a slip stitch heel flap using Maia Spins still excellent after all these years, Toe Up Gusseted Heel turtorial, and the ribbed pattern starts as soon as possible after the heel turn, because it occurred to me that I could.

As ever, there are always interesting things to knit, even more or less plain socks because all knitting is interesting.  To me and I hope for you too. 

No comments: