Wednesday 22 November 2017

More Colourwork!

Not quite done the colourwork.  I think I have 4 rows to go.  I could have finished it, but though I am knitting a fair bit, in every way, I am letting my hand dictate how long.  It is so much better, but I don't want to injure it again because I am not listening to it.

I love the way this is working out.  The Mule Spinner is adding just the right lofty oomph to beef up the Felcitys warm factor.  It poufs out quite perfectly against the much more subdued dark gray.



In a weird way, the colourwork knitting might be very good for my hand.  The motions are not nearly as repetitive as plain knitting.  I vary positions of fingers and hand far more often as I move around.

Which brought to mind another sweater I started and then put down.

I bought the book and yarn for the Rams Horn Cardigan a while ago at Prairie Lily Knitting in Saskatoon.  I started but it was slow going.  I put it into hibernation as I prepared to move and get settled here.  It's been on needles since October last year!  I never meant it to sit that long.


Swatching


and knitting.  One of the reasons it sat was a fear of knitting bottom up.  I've done this before.  I have no idea why it is making me feel so hesitant right now, but it surely is.  I debated restarting from the top down, but you know what.  I think I will stick with what I have.  Knitting from the bottom up isn't scary and I really hate when I let a really silly fear stop me doing something I really want to do. Fear is a response that has uses to keep you safe, but safe from knitting?  Never.  All knitting is safe.  I might be in danger of a sweater.  Shocking!

So, when this hat is done, I am going to put some serious effort in on this sweater. But first, before Christmas, I have a one other sweater to complete.  So you know, first after Christmas.  Or something like that.

No comments: